[Club2] Fw: IDP, Lars Hupel: Tue., Nov. 20, 14:00, Room 01.09.014 ("Alonzo Church")

Andrei Popescu uuomul at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 20 13:49:05 CET 2012

Reminder: talk tight now.

--- On Sat, 11/10/12, Andrei Popescu <uuomul at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Andrei Popescu <uuomul at yahoo.com>
Subject: [Club2] IDP, Lars Hupel: Tue., Nov. 20, 14:00, Room 01.09.014 ("Alonzo Church")
To: club2 at mailbroy.informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Cc: hupel at in.tum.de, taraz at ma.tum.de
Date: Saturday, November 10, 2012, 1:50 AM

Dear All,
On Tuesday Nov. 20, Lars Hupel will give his IDP presentation on random graph probabilities.
Best regards,   Andrei
Lars Hupel Proofs about
 Random Graphs in Isabelle: Subgraph Containment (IDP)====================================================Tue. Nov. 20, 14:00, Room 01.09.014 ("Alonzo Church")
Random graphs are graphs with a fixed number of vertices,where each edge is present with a fixed probability. We are interestedin the probability that a random graph contains a certain pattern, forexample a circle or a clique. A very high edge probability gives rise toperhaps too many edges (which degrades performance for many algorithms),whereas a low edge probability might result
 in a disconnected graph. Inthis work, we
 proved a theorem about a threshold probability such that ahigher edge probability will asymptotically almost surely produce arandom graph containing the desired subgraph.
-----Inline Attachment Follows-----