[Club2] talk by Carst Tankink: Friday, August 23, 10:00, Room Turing (00.09.38)

Andrei Popescu uuomul at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 15 21:01:26 CEST 2013

Dear All,

Next Friday we have a talk by Carst Tankink on a problem that surely each of us
has faced, perhaps painfully, at some point: documentation of formal proof developments.

Cheers,
   Andrei

Documentation and Formal Mathematics: Web Technology meets Proof Assistants
Carst Tankink
Radboud University of Nijmegen
Friday, August 23, 10:00, Room Turing (00.09.38)

As the field of interactive theorem proving gains more high-impact projects
(both in mathematics and computer science), it becomes a necessity to document
and disseminate the artefacts of formal proof, in particular the proof scripts
used as input to the proof assistant.
In this talk, I will describe several workflows for describing and publishing
formal proofs, using modern web technologies. These workflows are implemented in
a single prototype 'Wiki' platform, that supports formalizations in the Coq and
HOL Light proof assistants, and I will use the system to demonstrate some of the
workflows.