[isabelle-dev] Isabelle on Mercurial

Tjark Weber webertj at in.tum.de
Tue Dec 2 23:22:10 CET 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-02 at 22:09 +0100, Makarius wrote:
> With Mercurial you have the whole history always around, and there is no
> need to encode (tiny) parts of it in the file.

Certainly $Id$ keys are rather useless as long as the file is part of a
managed repository.  However, files escape into the wild.

Outdated or incompatible file/software versions are a major source of
errors.  I would suggest to keep that in mind before removing version
information from files altogether.

(On a similar note, I would again suggest to introduce version
identifiers for Isabelle theory files, to acknowledge the fact that
their syntax is evolving from one Isabelle release to the next.)

Best,
Tjark