[isabelle-dev] Isabelle release

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Mon Nov 23 17:23:09 CET 2009

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009, Makarius wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Oct 2009, Makarius wrote:
>
>> Dear Isabelle contributors,
>>
>> we need to approach the next official Isabelle release.  The basic plan is
>> to get things done this fall, which means there are only 2-3 weeks left for
>> substantial changes.  After that there will be a few more weeks for
>> polishing and fine-tuning -- this phase becomes longer and longer as the
>> system gets more complex.
>>
>> Now is the time to finish things and put them into a state for end-users
>> out there.  If there are still major things waiting in your pipeline,
>> please say so.
>
> This is already from one month ago.  Is there anything left in anybody's
> pipeline?  I would like to freeze the next few days (although it is unusually
> warm for November in these parts).

Despite increasing local temperature, we are approaching the point 0 for
the official release, which should happen within 1-2 days.  This is the
last call for small amendments.  Afterwards only fixes of show stopper
problems will be accepted.  (There is always a real danger that
last-minute fixes actually break things.)

This time the release branch will be cloned as a separate Mercurial
repository, which will be merged back into the central pull/push area
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle later on.  This also means that
the latter will be open again for after-release changes pretty soon, to
avoid the slightly messy effect of mutual merges of changesets that have
been stockpiled privately for more than a few days.

 	Makarius