[isabelle-dev] Safe approach to hypothesis substitution

Thomas Sewell Thomas.Sewell at nicta.com.au
Thu Aug 26 03:19:32 CEST 2010

I'm pretty sure this one is a bug. Try typing this into your favourite
Isabelle session:

lemma foo:
   "fwrap f = (%v. f v) ==> P f"
   apply clarify

And note the system hangs. I think this is a pretty good argument to
support the case that it doesn't occur in any existing Isabelle scripts.

Just to be safe, though, I can test this change in isolation against all
the HOL libraries and the AFP thisevening when my machine has spare CPU
time. I guess I should test against Isabelle 2009-2 rather than a
development snapshot since the AFP will be known to build?

Yours,
     Thomas.