[isabelle-dev] [isabelle] safe for boolean equality

Lawrence Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jun 16 12:41:45 CEST 2010

A solution to the more general problem (identifying if the variable is constrained by other theorems) would be even better. I have just remembered that I always advise people to use “auto” prior to trying sledgehammer, because it will split up the subgoal into manageable parts and simplify them. This is bad advice if “auto” can render the problem impossible to prove.

Larry