[isabelle-dev] Separated heaps for different Isabelle instances [was: get_relmap (no relation map function found for type Set.set)]

Florian Haftmann florian.haftmann at informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Wed Aug 24 20:23:31 CEST 2011

Hi Larry,

>> And I'm finding it very difficult to work with two different versions of
>> Isabelle. I need to keep compiling one version or the other in order to
>> run tests. I know that we have ISABELLE_IDENTIFIER to eliminate that
>> problem, but it's empty in both versions.

I achieve this by having the following in my ~/.isabelle/etc/settings

if [ -z "$ISABELLE_IDENTIFIER" ]
then
  ISABELLE_OUTPUT="$ISABELLE_HOME/heaps"
  ISABELLE_BROWSER_INFO="$ISABELLE_HOME/browser_info"
fi

For historical reasons my heaps and browser_info reside within the
repository, but you can place it where you want; referring to path
relative to $ISABELLE_HOME makes it instance-aware, so to speak.

(Btw. I give this answer to the dev mailing list since I think it is
*extremely* important that we keep the collective knowledge alive how to
actually do system development efficiently.  Isabelle provides excellent
infrastructure for plugging in development tool script etc, which is
very helpful if you know about it).

Cheers,
	Florian

--