[isabelle-dev] [isabelle] Countable instantiation addition

Mathieu Giorgino giorgino at irit.fr
Fri Jul 22 14:26:28 CEST 2011

That is such a bad luck for me... It seems I had verified it wasn't in the
repository a little too soon (like for Imperative_HOL...). But at least I have
learned Isabelle/ML. I don't think there is any additional feature in my
version. It defines mutual recursive functions from the mutual types to natural
numbers and proves their injectivity in a separate lemma that is used in the
instantiation.

So as I understand your method, the only addition would be the definition of
these executable functions, which does not seem so useful. It also proves
countability only from the type names and without "instance ..." but then what
it does is less clear (less integrated into existing features).

In the case of typedef and records, countability can easily be proven by
using:

countable_classI[of "to_nat o Rep_<type>"]
and
Rep_<type>_inject

It can perhaps allow to write a simpler method.

My version also does not need "instance ..." and can infer the needed
constrains (sorts) thanks to the Isabelle type inference but then what we
obtain is not so explicit.

Regards,

Mathieu