[isabelle-dev] isatest silence

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri Dec 14 16:54:28 CET 2012

The unusual isatest silence from today means that all tests finished
successfully!

http://isabelle.in.tum.de/devel/ shows some development snapshot
Isabelle_14-Dec-2012.tar.gz together with the vital statistics.

Since "the" development snapshot has lost its purpose with the
introduction of the online component management for repository clones, I
shall dismantle that part of isatest eventually.  Instead there should be
unconditional statistics on the web page even in the case of some
failures.

Concerning statistics in general, I've recently discovered the very nice
jfreecharts library.  Presently there is just a minimal "Monitor" panel in
Isabelle/jEdit as proof of concept.  The library should make generation of
charts in Isabelle/Scala more commonplace at some point, without funny
shell scripts around gnuplot.  (Gnuplot is more powerful than jfreecharts,
but we don't use that power in the first place, and it is less portable.)

 	Makarius