[isabelle-dev] getting development version to work

Lars Noschinski noschinl at in.tum.de
Wed Dec 12 10:50:29 CET 2012

On 11.12.2012 17:57, Aaron Gray wrote:
> Lars,
>
> On 11 December 2012 08:49, Lars Noschinski <noschinl at in.tum.de
> <mailto:noschinl at in.tum.de>> wrote:
>
>     On 10.12.2012 19:54, Aaron Gray wrote:
>
>         I cannot get the 'isabelle components -a' to work on Fedora 17,
>         it just
>         returns doing nothing at all with no message. I will be looking into
>         this when I get some more time, hints on how to debug this would
>         be well
>         appreciated.
>

>     Did you read README_REPOSITORY and added the init_components lines
>     given there to your ~/.isabelle/etc/settings files? What does
>     'isabelle components -l' say?
>

> Its missing all the 'contrib' directory entries as compared to Ubuntu's.

Are those entries missing entirely or are they in the 'Missing
components' category? The former one definitely suggests that you did
not add the init_components lines to your settings file (are you sure
its in the right location?). If its the latter and 'isabelle components
-a' does not do anything, this suggests some problem with the components
tool (or its dependencies).

   -- Lars