[isabelle-dev] PG 3.x vs. 4.x settings

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri Dec 14 14:06:18 CET 2012

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012, Lawrence Paulson wrote:

> But for the Mac version we bundle a specific Emacs binary anyway.
>
> On 14 Dec 2012, at 12:56, Makarius <makarius at sketis.net> wrote:
>
>> I used to have the principle that even in the Isabelle.app bundle the
>> included Emacs.app is merely a sensible default that users may
>> override.

As I said, the specific Emacs binary was merely the sensible default.
The script that you have edited in
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/rev/b5d7a35bdd6a Aquamacs has a
high chance to pick up the bundled one, but users could change that, or
start "isabelle emacs" on the command line with different options and
different Emacsen.

If you say that Isabelle.app should exclusively use the bundled
"$THIS/Aquamacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Aquamacs" it should be made explicit in
the script.  And you need to be aware of the chance of policy to take away
the free choice of Emacs.  (I do take away the free choice of JVM and
jEdit versions in Isabelle/jEdit, but that is a different story.)

 	Makarius