[isabelle-dev] PG 3.x vs. 4.x settings

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri Dec 14 15:02:31 CET 2012

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012, Lawrence Paulson wrote:

> That might be a good idea.
>
> The point of a bundle is to put together a combinations of things that
> are known to work.

I will take your word on that.  So the Isabelle.app contains exactly one
standard version of Emacs with byte-compiled .elc for it.

The open choice in the past was motivated from the Scylla-and-Charybdis
problem, where there was no single save anchor in the roaring sea of Emacs
monsters.

So we merely need to figure out where the .elc stuff is going: Is it in
the component and deleted for other platforms?  Is it not in the
component, but created by the administrative script that produces the
Isabelle.app for Mac OS X?

 	Makarius