[isabelle-dev] Proposing extensions to the Isabelle library?

Alessandro Coglio coglio at kestrel.edu
Sun Dec 16 08:53:12 CET 2012

Hi Florian, thank you for your answer. I understand.

Is there any plan to make things in the library more uniform (one way or
the other)? Is there a preference for new type classes should be
developed (purely syntactic or with assumptions)?

Personally, I like syntactic classes because they are more modular. For
example, in the library extensions that I sent the other day, the
definition of type class finite_lattice_complete would be perhaps
slightly cleaner if bot and top were syntactic classes like Inf and Sup.
Just my 2 cents.