[isabelle-dev] isatest silence

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Mon Dec 17 11:36:59 CET 2012

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012, Gerwin Klein wrote:

> The development snapshot is only a byproduct and can be left out. The
> main reason for generating a .tar.gz was to test if the release building
> machinery works and to test something that is as close as possible to a
> release that users work with, not the repository that we all work with
> every day anyway. At least back in the day there were often plenty of
> surprises after building the release (as compared to the repo
> structure).

Yes I remember well the reasons for the .tar.gz packaging test in the very
start of the isatest run, and it is still relevant today.

So there should be a report about all that, but not byproduct, which is no
longer a "product" anyway since it lacks the Admin/components/main
information for using it.

 	Makarius