[isabelle-dev] Repository Trouble

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri Dec 21 11:00:21 CET 2012

On Thu, 20 Dec 2012, Alexander Krauss wrote:

> On 12/20/2012 12:20 AM, Alexander Krauss wrote:
>> I am now writing this up for the hg mailing list, since we now may
>> have enough information to get help tracking it down...
>
> I posted a question here:
> http://www.selenic.com/pipermail/mercurial/2012-December/044783.html
>
> and there are some answers, which suggest that NFS or other physical
> issues are responsible for this.

Studying the thread briefly, it raises two main question for me:

   * Does /tmp work properly on the macbroyXXX and lxbroyXXX machines?

     There were some problems after updating macbroy2X approx 1-2 weeks
     ago.  Just today isatest complained about /tmp on macbroy6, although
     that is a completely different system (Mac OS X, not SuSE Linux).

   * Any possibility of having genuine problems with the NFS server, as
     suggested by the Mercurial guys?

 	Makarius