[isabelle-dev] Proposing extensions to the Isabelle library?

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Sat Dec 29 19:59:43 CET 2012

On Fri, 28 Dec 2012, Christian Sternagel wrote:

> the necessary steps are outlined in the community wiki, here
>
>  https://isabelle.in.tum.de/community/Publish_contributions_as_an_external
>
> Since the status of the wiki is not clear at the moment.

The status of the wiki is unclear for > 1 year.  I have occasionally asked
for clarification on this mailing list, but it did not happened so far.
These questions of the purpose of the community wiki were never meant as
rhetoric questions.

Any administrative information on the wiki is by definition unreliable.

> 2) testing changes:
> Before publication, pull any changes from the official repository. (This
> might effect a merge.) Now test your changes at least by
>
>   isabelle build -a -o browser_info -o document=pdf -o document_graph

This "-o document_graph" is pointless, from where is this coming?

The hints in README_REPOSITORY and the "system" manual suggest that
"isabelle build -a" is the standard way to build all Isabelle sessions.

> 5) Publishing contributions:
> Finally, the previously created bundle can be sent to someone with push
> access to the Isabelle main repository, either directly (assuming mutual
> agreement) or indirectly via the mailing list. An alternative is exchange
> through an external repository service like github.

So does github now support Mercurial as well?

Bitbucket is the canonical choice for Mercurial, and it supports git
equally well (the latter is not relevant for Isabelle, but it helps to
work with mixed projects).

 	Makarius