[isabelle-dev] Future and maintainance of ~isabelle/contrib_devel at TUM NFS

Florian Haftmann florian.haftmann at informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Wed May 30 20:44:07 CEST 2012

> I first intended to do the same as for Isabelle2011-1, but then realized
> that Isabelle2012 had diverged further from the old "universal" scheme
> of add-on packages: more and more components are specific for one of the
> platform families (linux, darwin, cygwin), and would have required some
> extra fiddling to put them all into one place and activate uniformly.

This nukes the ancient idea of ~isabelle/contrib that you would just
link it into your repository at TUM, regardless on which machine you are
operating, and would get the best which has been achieved for that
particular platform (whether the mechanism behind this are symlinks or
Admin/contributed_components does not matter).  I. e. if you have both

  jdk-6u31_x86_64-linux
  jdk-6u31_x86-linux

you have to include either one by default, effectively restricting
yourself to x86 or x86_32.  Would it be impossible to provide those
twins under one roof?  Or is this distinction since they are not shipped
both in one download bundle (as guess, I have not checked this)?

	Florian

--

PGP available: