[isabelle-dev] Order of sublocale declarations

Clemens Ballarin ballarin at in.tum.de
Sat Feb 9 17:39:09 CET 2013

Hi Andreas,

The failure happens while reading the locale expression, which is a
sequence of locale instances:

   A s + B t + C u + ...

When reading the locale expression, we aim at achieving two conflicting goals:
- Type inference over the entire expression
- Syntax declarations of an instance are available when parsing the

This is achieved by incrementally interleaved phases of parsing, type
inference and declaration activation.  I suspect that when processing
the example, there is a point where the equality of the definitions
has not yet been established, and this is why the example fails.

I tend to always use qualifiers, which helps avoid the problem.

Clemens