[isabelle-dev] Isabelle repository won't build in an encrypted directory
matthew.fernandez at nicta.com.au
Tue Feb 12 18:26:37 CET 2013
On 12/02/13 22:11, Makarius wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Feb 2013, Matthew Fernandez wrote:
>> Blindly spraying "-Xmax-classfile-name 130" everywhere scalac is called
>> as attached fixes this problem.
> So what is the problem and why does the above work? Can you give some
> references on the web?
All I used was the link you sent
(https://issues.scala-lang.org/browse/SI-3623). Based on the symptoms
I'm happy to conclude that it is indeed the combination of
scalac-generated files and generated metadata in an encrypted mount that
exceed the filename limit. I'm concluding that the -X option fixes this
by simply forcing shorter filenames. I didn't spend too much time
digging into this as building jEdit wasn't my primary goal.
> Whenever there is unexpected behavour one needs to find out the deeper
> reasons, to learn how to avoid problems in the future.
> For isabelle scalac invocation there is also
> ISABELLE_SCALA_BUILD_OPTIONS which can be changed in
> $ISABELLE_HOME_USER/etc/settings, although that might not be used in all
> place that are required here.
The information in this e-mail may be confidential and subject to legal professional privilege and/or copyright. National ICT Australia Limited accepts no liability for any damage caused by this email or its attachments.
More information about the isabelle-dev