[isabelle-dev] Isabelle2013-2 release

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri Nov 22 14:23:34 CET 2013

On Thu, 21 Nov 2013, Tobias Nipkow wrote:

> I don't know if the attached has been reported or not, but I had to quit
> Isabelle/jedit because it got stuck. This happened more often in the
> past, today I have had it again. Further symptoms: poly runing 200%, no
> prover running, when I click on s/h the little wheel is turning slowly,
> but the panel is and stays empty.

On the screenshot I see the text area rendering according to jEdit (funny
purple for quoted strings), but without the semantic rendering by
Isabelle/jEdit.  This could mean some total failure of existance of some
add-on GUI components.  Normally, there should have been some JVM
exception trace on stderr -- this is only visible when running "isabelle
jedit" from the terminal -- or maybe via the jEdit menu "Utilities /
Troubleshooting / Activity Log" (which is very verbose).

The slowly spinning sledgehammer wheel means "Waiting" (after the query
operation was sent).  When it stays like that indefinitely, it could mean
that the prover process is somehow stuck.  This theory is in conflict with
the GUI crash theory, though.

 	Makarius