[isabelle-dev] The coming release

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Mon Sep 2 18:39:26 CEST 2013

On Mon, 2 Sep 2013, Tobias Nipkow wrote:

> The earlier the better because, as I told you at ITP, I have a course starting
> in the middle of October and they need to use a new Isabelle, in the worst case
> a release candidate.

I have taken that into account.  They will get RC1 or RC2, which will be
quite close to the main thing shipped a few weeks later.  (Thus some keen
students may participate in the final installation test party.)

Generally, the schedule will be rather tight for me: this time I will be
on vacation in the second part of October, and make the final lift-off
when I return at the start of November.  (It might also avoid the carneval
event on the mailing list this spring, although carneval already starts at
11-Nov in some special parts of Europe -- I hope we manage to launch
before that.)

 	Makarius