[isabelle-dev] Towards the Isabelle2014 release

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Sun Aug 10 15:13:56 CEST 2014

On Thu, 7 Aug 2014, Makarius wrote:

> This is an update on the ongoing release / testing process:
>
>   * The next release candidate (Isabelle2014-RC3) will probably appear at
>     the 1 week distance that we've had so far, i.e. next Sunday or Monday.
>
>   * I will merge back the isabelle-release repository at the same time, so
>     that ongoing isabelle development involes the various accumulated
>     changes -- which also helps testing on both branches.  For the
>     discussion of problems, we only need to keep in mind to which mailing
>     list it belongs semantically.
>
> Afterward the merge changes to isabelle-release should be very rare and
> exceptional -- the big breakdown has not shown up yet, but might be still
> hidden somewhere.
>
> There will be 2 more weeks of public testing of Isabelle2014-RC3, before
> final lift-off towards the end of August.

I have done this now: the merge point is Isabelle/38bf4de248a6.  It
contains Isabelle2014-RC3, which will be announced in approx. 2h when the
website is ready.

Note that isatest and AFP are still hooked on Isabelle2014-RC, until
Gerwin points out the schedule for the correlated AFP release fork.

 	Makarius