[isabelle-dev] sledgehammer "problem malformed" message

Leo Freitas leo.freitas at newcastle.ac.uk
Fri Jul 4 07:48:04 CEST 2014

Hi,

I was playing with HOL-Word to see if I could bring some discharged VCs from another tool into Isabelle.
When I tried sledgehammer on it I got the error message for Z3

theory Scratch
imports Main Word "~~/src/HOL/Word/WordBitwise"
begin

type_synonym word32 = "32 word"

lemma "(sint (TrueMSB :: 32 word)) ≤ 263 ⟹ ¬ (8::word32) ≤ (Word.Word (sint ((TrueMSB << 5) :: 32 word))) OR 7"
apply (word_bitwise)
apply safe
sledgehammer
oops

end

Sledgehammering...
"z3": The generated problem is malformed. Please report this to the Isabelle developers.

I wasn’t sure whether the cast I was making for the shift operation was right or not, but anyhow I thought to send it to the list as suggested.

Best,
Leo