[isabelle-dev] Error highlighting in ML for @{lemma}

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Sat Jun 28 18:29:21 CEST 2014

On Sat, 28 Jun 2014, Lars Noschinski wrote:

> If I insert a lemma antiquotation in ML code with a proposition with a
> type error, the error message is not attached to the proposition or the
> antiquotation but to the whole block or file of ML. This refers to
> 13b06c6261.

That is a consequence of the syntax "check" phases still being without
detailed position information.  As a fall-back the position of the command
transaction is used, i.e. the keyword.  For 'ML' or 'text' that might be
far away from the occurrence of the error in the antiquotation.

Even more annoying in practice is the lack of positions for type errors in
plain terms within formal specifications of the theory.

I take this report as a reminder and refreshment of the priority of this
non-PIDE compliant part of the system, but it won't be addressed for the
coming release.

 	Makarius