[isabelle-dev] AFP

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Thu May 15 21:10:50 CEST 2014

On Thu, 15 May 2014, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> the problem -- yes, to my shame, I am not using the development version.

You don't have to be ashamed.  There is nothing cool abount using "the"
development version, it is just a necessity for some people who have to do
it as part of the continous development process. Users of the professional
releases are executive class, people on the repository the working class.

Concerning AFP devel updates: I think there are still rather old email
texts sent out to the official maintainers of some AFP entry, pointing to
the ancient source development snapshot http://isabelle.in.tum.de/devel
which cannot be run anyway.

I have recently starting thinking about making full Admin/Release/build
snapshots routinely via isatest, for all platforms.  But it is one more
thing, and sometimes we have just too much breakage of the existing
services.

 	Makarius