[isabelle-dev] Isabelle2016-RC0: potential changes

Florian Haftmann florian.haftmann at informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Thu Jan 14 11:17:45 CET 2016

Hi all,

> This is probably a question for Florian. I introduced Euclidean rings to
> allow a more systematic derivation of (constructive) GCDs about two
> years ago or so.
>
> Since then, Florian cleaned this up and improved it a lot, but from what
> I gathered, there is much to be done yet. I should probably have taken
> care of this already, but I never quite found the time; I shall attempt
> to do that this year.
>
> As for the release, perhaps Florian can comment on whether anything
> speaks against moving this instance into the Polynomial theory.

I have already some post-release patches in the pipeline which would add
this instance anyway.  So, there is no demand for action here at the moment.

Note that the classes (semi)ring_gcd in Isabelle2015 had no lemmas and
thus very hardly different from syntactic classes, so there is no loss
of generality here.

Cheers,
	Florian

--