[isabelle-dev] NEWS: more options for "isabelle jedit"
makarius at sketis.net
Thu Nov 2 13:55:29 CET 2017
*** Prover IDE -- Isabelle/Scala/jEdit ***
* The command-line tool "isabelle jedit" provides more flexible options
for session selection:
- options -P opens the parent session image of -l
- options -A and -B modify the meaning of -l to produce a base
image on the spot, based on the specified ancestor (or parent)
- option -F focuses on the specified logic session
- option -R has changed: it only opens the session ROOT entry
- option -S sets up the development environment to edit the
specified session: it abbreviates -B -F -R -l
isabelle jedit -d '$AFP' -S Formal_SSA -A HOL
isabelle jedit -d '$AFP' -S Formal_SSA -A HOL-Analysis
This refers to Isabelle/b23adab22e67. It has the potential to save a lot
of interactive build time, and to reduce batch tests by removing old
development artifacts in AFP.
The performance measurements from
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/devel/build_status/AFP/index.html help to
decide which auxiliary session images are merely a waste of time
(probably most of them).
E.g. JNF-HOL-Lib with 37s elapsed time vs. 3s actually spent in ML.
More information about the isabelle-dev