[isabelle-dev] Fwd: [Isabelle-ci] Build failure in AFP

Lawrence Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Sep 1 15:22:57 CEST 2018

It’s important to understand that blast knows nothing about type classes. This isn’t a problem for rules like order_trans, where the type class constraint would be satisfied in most cases. But it’s fatal for continuous_on_discrete: it will succeed in all cases, but if the type class constraint isn’t satisfied (and it usually won’t be), then the proof will fail and it’s not clear that backtracking will find an alternative. The PROOF FAILED message (if it still exists) alerts us to this.

Larry