[isabelle-dev] Problems building Isabelle/Scala

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Sat Apr 6 20:09:34 CEST 2019

On 06/04/2019 13:46, Traytel  Dmitriy wrote:

>> On 05/04/2019 17:30, Traytel  Dmitriy wrote:
>>>
>>> I have the same problem as Jasmin (on a MacBook Pro running macOS 10.14.3).

Here you could update to current 10.14.4 -- it was my version for
testing. There is some (low) chance that the problem was due to Apple
and is already solved.

> Instead of bisect, I took an educated guess after looking at the file history of Admin/components/main. So the first bad commit for me is b578749daa62 (which introduces scala 2.12.8). With its parent isabelle jedit -bf works.
>
> Funnily, my operating system installation of scala is 2.12.8 too and I don't have any problems with it.
>
> Not sure how to proceed from here.

For the moment you can just return to an older scala component in
$ISABELLE_HOME_USER/etc/settings, e.g. like this:

  init_component "$HOME/.isabelle/contrib/scala-2.12.6"

or to whatever other version you see fit.

End-users won't have to build Isabelle/Scala anyway: a release provides
finished Isabelle/Scala/jEdit jars.

	Makarius