[isabelle-dev] Font license compatibility

Joshua Chen isabelle-dev at joshchen.io
Thu Feb 6 13:56:47 CET 2020

Dear devs,

Would anyone know if the BSD-3 license on the Isabelle DejaVu fonts
plays well with the SIL OFL (Open Font License)? For my own visual
comfort I've merged whatever Isabelle symbols were missing into the Fira
Code and Source Code Pro fonts for use in Isabelle/jEdit, and have been
using these as replacements for the default font without problems.

I think it would be nice to be able to put these online as alternative
options, but am not sure about licensing. The OFL must be kept in
derivative works, but I wonder if the BSD license can be attached on?

Cheers,
Josh