[isabelle-dev] type class ordered_semiring_1

Florian Haftmann florian.haftmann at informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Wed Aug 14 09:58:40 CEST 2024

> This type class is defined in a number of AFP entries. Unfortunately, the definitions used are not the same and it's not clear whether they are equivalent either. We ought to fill this gap, though I am not sure of the best way to do it. In LLL_Basis_Reduction/Missing_Lemmas it is used to generalise a number of simple results currently proved for a smaller type class, ordered_idom.

Looks interesting.

A few insights I gained from studying the occurrences:

a) Abstract-Rewriting/SN_Orders.thy

This seems somehow special and I would be inclined to put that aside in
the first iteration.

b) (A) Complex_Bounded_Operators/extra/Extra_Ordered_Fields.thy and (B)
LLL_Basis_Reduction/Missing_Lemmas.thy

Btw. (A) is an excellent example for separating generic and
application-specific material in an AFP entry.

The two specifications are almost equivalent, since

subclass (in ordered_semiring_1) ordered_semiring_0 ..

holds in (A) and thus ordered_semiring_0 could also be removed as
initial parent class in (B).

The remaining difference is zero_less_one. I would be inclined to add
that as parent class to (A) to check whether all required instances are
still valid.

After consolidation, the re-integration into HOL-Main could proceed.

Any thoughts?
	Florian