[isabelle-dev] Java 7u9 and jEdit 5.0.0

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Sun Dec 2 00:03:31 CET 2012

With Isabelle/38870ee59311 we are now on Java 7u9 and jEdit 5.0.0, which
means several Isabelle components need to be updated as usual.  (Normally
this is not worth mentioning, but here it might be relevant to purge old
Java versions from the local file-system, assuming you don't move
back-and-forth in Isabelle Mercurial history a lot.  The standard model of
Isabelle components is monotonic, to support painless bisection etc.)

This is a follow-up to the thread from August about Java 7u6
http://www.mail-archive.com/isabelle-dev@mailbroy.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/msg03008.html
where I was pointing out rather obvious things about "latest versions" of
anything, but the situation turned out much worse than that.

Just last week, we've found out that the summer configuraton of Java 7u6 +
jedit-4.5.2 never worked on Mac OS X with German keyboard: ALT-5/6/7/8/9
for ASCII characters []|{} were inactive!  It seems that from all these
German Mac users around, none is inflicting the Apple layout on himself.

So lets hope that with the workaround of the workaround of the workaround
in Isabelle/6f64ce2e5a40 it actually works around for the coming release.

What is still a problem is COMMAND-PLUS and COMMAND-MINUS for the
Firefox-style zooming of font-size: Linux and Windows are happy with the
keyboard shortcuts, Mac OS X not.

 	Makarius