[isabelle-dev] AFP devel broken

Gerwin Klein gerwin.klein at nicta.com.au
Mon Dec 3 06:38:27 CET 2012

After looking at this over the weekend, the problem still escapes me.

On macbroy2 when using the installation in ~/afp/isadist/Isabelle (basically the last built development snapshot), the session HOL-Probability with a high probability just hangs. This can be confirmed interactively:

macbroy2:Probability isatest$ pwd
/home/isatest/afp/isadist/Isabelle/src/HOL/Probability
macbroy2:Probability isatest$ ~/afp/isadist/Isabelle/bin/isabelle tty -l HOL-Multivariate_Analysis
> val it = (): unit
val commit = fn: unit -> bool
Unofficial version of Isabelle/HOL-Multivariate_Analysis (Isabelle repository snapshot 38870ee59311 02-Dec-2012)
> use_thy "Probability";

just hangs (also doesn't react to Ctrl-C). Copying the isadist directory to my laptop and linking it with the corresponding contrib directory built that session just fine in under 2 min.

Any ideas anyone?

I'm tempted to move the whole AFP test to a different machine just to get things going again, it's been quite a while since we've had any solid test results.

Gerwin