[isabelle-dev] newbie Q's getting for development version working on Windows and on Fedora 17.

Aaron Gray aaronngray.lists at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 01:49:56 CET 2012

Hi,

I am new to Isabelle/HOL but am wanting to use the development version on
Windows and if not Linux.

I have tried Windows and copying the existing stable release 'contrib'
files across but am getting a message presumably from jEdit that it
requires Java 1.7.

I could not find a Cygwin Java 1.7 build anywhere and have asked on the
Cygwin mailing list, but not received a reply yet.

Also tried Oracle (Sun) Java 1.7 with JDK but am getting the message :-

    Launch4j - "This application was configured to use bundled JRE but the
runtime is missing or corrupted."

On Fedora 17 the Isabelle/HOL stable release ran okay after installing
Java-1.7.0-openjdk for i686.

But with the development version I am getting the message :-

    Unknown ISABELLE_JDK_HOME -- Java tools unavailable.

Not got my debugging head on so hope you do not mind me posing the question
here.

Hoping there is a simple fix for one or both of these problems.

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron