[isabelle-dev] getting development version to work (was: newbie Q's getting for development version working on Windows and on Fedora 17.)

Christian Sternagel c-sterna at jaist.ac.jp
Sun Dec 9 02:22:00 CET 2012

Dear Aaron,

there is indeed a simple fix. There is a prebundled Isabelle component
for Java, which can be installed (together with all other required
components) via

   isabelle components -a

from a command line.

See also

https://isabelle.in.tum.de/community/Working_with_the_repository_version_of_Isabelle

for how to setup the development version. The official documentation for
doing so is

   http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/file/tip/README_REPOSITORY

Remark: Finding the right combination of packages (Poly/ML, Java, Scala,
...) to make Isabelle run is delicate (some even call it an arcane
discipline ;)). That is why everything was bundled into Isabelle
components, which save the user a lot of work.

cheers

chris