[isabelle-dev] push request (Sublist.thy)

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri Dec 14 13:47:53 CET 2012

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012, Makarius wrote:

> When I did the re-cloning last time, I documented it explicitly in
> http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/rev/71136069089d see also
> http://www.mail-archive.com/isabelle-dev@mailbroy.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/msg02978.html

I have compared the wiki advice with the authentic version above.  Since
Mediawiki lacks good version control, I copy the content here for
reference:

  When this does not work another solution is:

  Clone the revisions up to the faulty one:

  hg clone --config=format.dotenode=0 --pull -U -r <rev number> isabelle isabelle-new

  cd isabelle-new
  cp ../isabelle/Mercurial .
  cd .hgrc
  cp ../../isabelle/.hgrc/hgrc .
  cp ../../isabelle/.hgrc/shamap .
  chgrp -R isabelle .
  chmod -R g+rwX .
  find . -type d -exec chmod g+s "{}" \;

Instead of "cd .hgrc" you probably meant "cd .hg".  What was also missing
is the "mkdir .hg/strip-backup", which is important for the next one doing
a strip, otherwise nobody else can strip with backup the afterwards -- I
have done that now.

I sincerely hope that the rest is equivalent with what I wrote in
71136069089d 4 months ago, where I spent extra care in getting the order
of permission changes right, and fine-tune the sequence of shell commands.

And I am not asking to update the wiki, but to remove that page from it.

Anythying that needs to be added to Admin/Mercurial/Central/README can be
discussed here (or privately). The Admin/ area within the Isabelle
repository remains the one place for administrative information, not some
odd wiki where I am not participating.  (Hopefully it will attract a
genuine Isabelle user community at some point, when hints on funny
technical incidents at TUM have disappeared.)

 	Makarius