[isabelle-dev] push request (Sublist.thy)

Johannes Hölzl hoelzl at in.tum.de
Fri Dec 14 14:23:22 CET 2012

Am Freitag, den 14.12.2012, 13:25 +0100 schrieb Makarius:
> On Thu, 13 Dec 2012, Dmitriy Traytel wrote:
>
> > Stripping did not work (even on lxbroy10 with some older Mercurial).
> > However, Johannes managed to apparently fix everything by doing a fresh
> > clone, copying some files (such as hgrc) and adjusting permissions (cf.
> > https://isabelle.in.tum.de/community/Reconstructing_the_Isabelle_repository).
>
> This is a serious problem, not just in a technical sense.
>
> Why is there again this diverging clone of important administrative
> information?  So the community wiki is not about Isabelle community at
> all, but to make administration harder by putting unreliable information
> snippets on a virtual whiteboard.  It actually causes dis-unity not
> com-unity.

Most informations in the community wiki are from the former
community.html of the Isabelle website (which is maintained in
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/website/). So the wiki contains mostly:

 * links where to find help for beginners (additional courses etc.)

 * informations about additional Isabelle theories (AFP, IsarMathLib etc ...)

 * lists for bigger cleanup tasks (like introducing 'a set back).

When we put this informations back into the website repository should we
also add the people who are now editors of the wiki as administrators
to the website repository? What alternatives have we for the wiki?

> When I did the re-cloning last time, I documented it explicitly in
> http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/rev/71136069089d see also
> http://www.mail-archive.com/isabelle-dev@mailbroy.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/msg02978.html
>
> Our main tools for Isabelle development are the repistory and the
> isabelel-dev mailing list.  I am not even a user of the Isabelle community
> wiki, and will not maintain all this divergence of clones.

I only was aware of Alex's email about the repository corruption. I did
not find Admin/Mercurial/Central. Now I replaced the wiki page by a link
to it.