[isabelle-dev] push request (Sublist.thy)

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri Dec 14 15:14:51 CET 2012

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012, Makarius wrote:

> Our main tools for Isabelle development are the repistory and the
> isabelel-dev mailing list.

Some further clarification:

   * "repository" is a place for formal changesets made persistent in
     history

   * "mailing list" is a place for informal communication and coordination

Both have a monotonic history that can be consulted later: the repository
revolves around history browsing, while the mailing list has search over
mail archives via secondary mechanisms.

I am doing search over isabelle-dev routinely to find out what was said at
some isolated instance, and having references to unchanging changeset ids
in the messages actually makes this work nicely. In that sense the mailing
list is better than a whiteboard, but still has low entry barriers.

 	Makarius