[isabelle-dev] push request (Sublist.thy)

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Mon Dec 17 16:00:08 CET 2012

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012, Johannes Hölzl wrote:

> Most informations in the community wiki are from the former
> community.html of the Isabelle website (which is maintained in
> http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/website/). So the wiki contains mostly:
>
> * links where to find help for beginners (additional courses etc.)
>
> * informations about additional Isabelle theories (AFP, IsarMathLib etc ...)
>
> * lists for bigger cleanup tasks (like introducing 'a set back).

That is a mix of many quite different things, and most of it outdated. As
a hypothetical Isabelle user who intends to contribute, it does not look
very attractive to me.

I was about to peer again at http://coq.inria.fr/cocorico as an example of
a relatively successful wiki of a genuine Coq users community, but it is
down at the moment.  (INRIA is much larger than the Isabelle group at TUM,
and both share the traditional ambition to host everything themselves.)

> When we put this informations back into the website repository should we
> also add the people who are now editors of the wiki as administrators to
> the website repository? What alternatives have we for the wiki?

The wiki needs a clear profile what is its purpose.  Old clones of other
information (website or Isabelle/Admin) should be avoided.  It was once
characterized as "all outdated material", but it does not mean it should
provide outdated versions of already existing more reliable sources.

 	Makarius