[isabelle-dev] push request (Sublist.thy)

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Mon Dec 17 16:19:56 CET 2012

On Mon, 17 Dec 2012, Dmitriy Traytel wrote:

>> So the patch queue was not used for that particular change?  I wonder if it
>> can somehow interact nonetheless.
> Right, no patch queue for that specific import. Changeset 50503 mentioned
> below was the tip at the moment, when I pushed.

>> This fits to the description of
>> http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/RepositoryCorruption
>>
>>   4.4. Fixing changeset reference for index files from a patch queue
>>
>>   If the revision being repaired was part of an applied patch queue,
>>   recovery is somewhat more complicated because the index file copied from
>>   the cloned repo will reference the wrong changeset.

"If the revision being repaired was part of an applied patch queue" could
also mean the row of changes by Jasmin that were already pushed and in
their proper place.  Jasmin, do you remember if these where plain
first-order commits on your side, or the result of applying a patch queue?

One probably needs more understanding of the physical repository
representation to deduce anything from that.

 	Makarius