[isabelle-dev] push request (Sublist.thy)

Lars Noschinski noschinl at in.tum.de
Mon Dec 17 17:18:14 CET 2012

On 17.12.2012 16:19, Makarius wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Dec 2012, Dmitriy Traytel wrote:
>
>>> So the patch queue was not used for that particular change? I wonder
>>> if it can somehow interact nonetheless.
>> Right, no patch queue for that specific import. Changeset 50503
>> mentioned below was the tip at the moment, when I pushed.
>
>>> This fits to the description of
>>> http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/RepositoryCorruption
>>>
>>> 4.4. Fixing changeset reference for index files from a patch queue
>>>
>>> If the revision being repaired was part of an applied patch queue,
>>> recovery is somewhat more complicated because the index file copied from
>>> the cloned repo will reference the wrong changeset.
>
> "If the revision being repaired was part of an applied patch queue"

In Mercurial-speech, "part of an applied patch queue" means that the
commits are still part of the patch queue (they can be added/removed by
qpush/qpop). Once they are 'finish'ed, they stop being part of an
applied patch queue (and become normal patches).

[There /shouldn't/ be any remaining side-effects, but we are in
bug-land, so who knows].

   -- Lars