[isabelle-dev] Repository Trouble

Alexander Krauss krauss at in.tum.de
Thu Dec 20 00:20:51 CET 2012

On 12/19/2012 11:34 PM, Alexander Krauss wrote:
> On 12/11/2012 10:56 AM, Johannes Hölzl wrote:

> We're there again. The main repos is broken. Will try to fix and report
> back here.

Fixed by re-cloning, following the steps in
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/file/e129fcc720c1/Admin/Mercurial/Central/README

The old strip trick no longer seems to work, since all machines now have
hg versions where strip no longer works on corrupt repositories.

The new data point is that I did not push via ssh but directly from the
"local" filesystem. This was via lxlabbroy5, which has hg 2.4.

I am now writing this up for the hg mailing list, since we now may have
enough information to get help tracking it down...

Alex