[isabelle-dev] Repository Trouble

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Thu Dec 20 15:15:21 CET 2012

On Thu, 20 Dec 2012, Alexander Krauss wrote:

> On 12/19/2012 11:34 PM, Alexander Krauss wrote:

>> We're there again. The main repos is broken. Will try to fix and report
>> back here.
>
> Fixed by re-cloning, following the steps in
> http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/file/e129fcc720c1/Admin/Mercurial/Central/README
>
> The old strip trick no longer seems to work, since all machines now have
> hg versions where strip no longer works on corrupt repositories.
>
> The new data point is that I did not push via ssh but directly from the
> "local" filesystem. This was via lxlabbroy5, which has hg 2.4.

I just had a long phone call with Franz Huber, the local system admin
person.  All the macbroy20..29 and lxlabbroyX machines involved here use
the same OpenSuse 12.2 with that hg 2.4.  So just empirically that looks
like the problem -- breakdowns started approx. at the time of update of
several of these machines.

He will tell me later about further moves.

 	Makarius