[isabelle-dev] Isabelle_10-Sep-2013

Gerwin Klein Gerwin.Klein at nicta.com.au
Wed Sep 11 23:47:40 CEST 2013

On 12/09/2013, at 3:02 AM, Florian Haftmann <florian.haftmann at informatik.tu-muenchen.de> wrote:

>>> I just downloaded the compiled binary for Linux and wanted to share my
>>> experience. It seems there are some issues with braces. My thy files
>>> work fine with the release, however, in the AFP Collections entry, I
>>> had to make the following changes: […]
>>
>> you might consider the download »the« tip of the AFP repository:
>> http://sourceforge.net/p/afp/code/ci/tip/log/
>>
>> The AFP is much more inert and less technically involved than the
>> Isabelle system proper, so in this case it is preferable to be hooked up
>> to a volatile changeset rather than doing a lot of ad-hoc adjustion.
>
> An aside: The more AFP entries are used as proper libraries, the more we
> need to think how release processes need to interact etc.

We've been thinking about that from the start. There shouldn't be anything special to do. AFP-2013-1 will come out a few days after Isabelle-2013-1 and should work together with it.

During the release period AFP tip should work for the Isabelle release test candidates and the afp test will run on these.

Cheers,
Gerwin