[isabelle-dev] push request (Sublist.thy)

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri Dec 14 14:59:03 CET 2012

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012, Lars Noschinski wrote:

> Also, as far as discoverability of documentation goes, sticking it in
> Admin/ between a number scripts which are mostly relevant to the Release
> Maintainer ranks pretty low.

That is a misunderstanding of the purpose of Isabelle/Admin.  As the name
already says it is for Isabelle/Admin information.  De-facto I've been the
main maintainer of it, as of many other things now.  It does not help to
fork-off shadow administrative structures elsewhere.  It will dissipate
the little resources that we have.

And I am definitely not joining the Isabelle dis-unity wiki to do the
administrative things there.

> I would like to add that there is also the config_tum repository, which
> Florian created when he wanted administrative information neither in the
> Wiki nor in the public Isabelle repository. I probably would have looked
> there (as it contains some mira administration info), but never in the
> Isabelle repository.

It is some minor progress to have such things that were outside any
repository in a second repository that is not the Isabelle one.  At least
it is a proper repository, not a virtual whiteboard.  The status of that
project is unknown to me nonetheless, and we have still many edits of
shared Unix directories where nobody really know what is or was happening
at some point.

 	Makarius